Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The end has arrived...

As I sit here at Denver International Airport for a god awful amount of time, I get to reflect upon this experience. This has been a great time. Not only did I meet a bunch of new friends, I learned a whole lot more than I ever have in a classroom.  To be able to see a storm grow from a tiny cloud into a supercell that produced hail, rain, wall clouds and rotation is an amazing experience.

We visited some amazing parks and saw some roadside oddities that I didn't know I needed to see (carhenge, cadillac gravyard.) I also heard way too much about 50 shades of gray.

As I have exclaimed in other places, I can't express how awesome it felt to see those 3 tornados. It was quite the adrenaline rush. I hope I am able to come again next year.

My flight doesn't leave until 1 AM MST. My friends went through security at about noon and I have been wandering the airport since then. They will probably land at about the time I end up heading through security myself.

You would be surprised how hard it is to find an  electrical outlet that works in the main terminal. I had the pleasure of over hearing someone being interviewed for a food service position in the airport. He was asked 1 more question that I was when I worked in fast food....which means he was asked 3 questions and was then hired.

I now only have Wisconsin, Iowa, Hawaii and Alaska to visit and I will have at least set a foot in all 50 states.

This is probably a bit of a ramble, but thats ok.....being stuck in a possessed airport for an extended period of time will drive a person maddddddddd!

No comments:

Post a Comment