Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 7: On the road again.......

Today was a travel day. We went from Clarksville, TN to Colby, KS. A distance of 639 miles. It was a long trip but mother nature surprised us with a tiny thunderstorm off to our northwest as we entered Kansas. We did not name him or chase him but he was an odd fellow. He was moving SW which is pretty odd.

The ridge of death has set up over the midwest so we are not going to have anything to chase until at least Friday. But it is looking good for Saturday and Sunday in the NWS Severe Weather outlook. When they put things 6 days out in their forecast they are usually pretty confident that those events will come to pass. The super outbreak last April was forecasted 8 days out.

We stopped at the worlds slowest Pizza Hut. And saw what had to be the worlds largest wind farm along I-70. Western Kansas is flat. Northern Oklahoma is flat. I think I have now traveled on every section of interstate in the state of Oklahoma in my life time. And I am not sure how I feel about that.

During today's drive we (us older people) educated and subsequently bored the younger people with our knowledge of Bob Dole. Thrilling right? I did get some reading done. If you haven't read the Steve Job's Biography yet, I highly recommend it. It is a good read whether you are an Apple fan or not. And apparently I have gotten the entire van hooked on Bejeweled Blitz and my Ipad is getting passed around the van like a football in the Super Bowl.

Well...I am off to write my journal and then pass out. Tomorrow we will be visiting Rocky Mountain National Park near Boulder, CO.

I think I might get the hang of this blogging thing by the time the trip is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment